State’s Attorney: John Pepmeyer
Phone #: (309) 345-3880
Fax Number: (309) 345-0126
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM
Knox County Courthouse – Third Floor
200 South Cherry Street
Galesburg, IL 61401
Freedom of Information Officer: Scott G. Erickson, County Clerk
Duties of Office:
It is the duty of the State’s Attorney to seek justice, not merely to convict. To achieve this end, we prosecute each case with the goals of obtaining restitution for the victim, punishing the offender for his or her criminal conduct, and rehabilitating the offender to return him or her to useful citizenship. The State’s Attorney’s Office also provides a variety of services to the public including:
- Serve the community by prosecuting juvenile and adult offenders in Knox County.
- Adjudicating cases of neglected, dependent, or abused minors.
- Provide assistance to victims of crimes through the legal process
- Protect the interests of the County by handling legal actions for and against the County government and its officers
- Provide legal counsel to county offies and departments.
How to get information:
Information regarding the office of State’s Attorney may be obtained in person or by phone at (309) 345-3880. Freedom of Information requests may be made in person or by mail to the above listed contact. Requests by mail should be sent to 200 South Cherry Street, Galesburg, IL 61401.
Asistant State’s Attorneys in the Office:
- Jonathon T. Schlake
- Sabrina Stroops
- Steven M. Cichon
- Stephanie M. Hilton
Office Manager: Nicki Gulick
Victim Advocate: Debbie Johnson
Employees: Full Time 12
Annual Budget Available HERE