Regional Superintendent of Schools: Jodi Scott
Phone #: (309) 345-3828
Fax Number: (309) 345-6735
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM
Monday-Thursday 8:00AM-3:30PM, Friday 8:00AM-1:00PM
Knox County Annex-Suite 2
105 N. East St.
Monmouth, IL 61462
Freedom of Information Officer: Scott G. Erickson, County Clerk
Duties of Office:
The Regional Office of Education office provides a variety of services to the public including:
- Project Stay in (Truancy Alternative Program)
- Regional Alternative Education Services (REAS) (Day and Night Programs)
- Outdoor Education
- Conduct County Spelling Bee and Geography Bowl
- Conduct annual school inspections for possible health/life safety concerns and monitor school construction and renovation projects.
- Review and approve health/life safety amendments
- Conduct yearly compliance visits.
- Register candidates for GED testing and issue diplomas.
- Provide in-service, refresher safety courses and first aid training for Knox County school bus drivers.
- Home school information.
- Residency and district boundaries
- Paraprofessional Licenses
- Issue teacher certificates.
- Maintain files containing employee fingerprints and results of sex offender checks.
- Provide professional development for Region school districts.
How to get information:
Questions regarding information maintained by this office should be directed to our phone number at 309-345-3828 or fax number at 309-345-6735. Requests by mail should be sent to 121 South Prairie Street, Galesburg, IL 61401.
- Teaching License (PEL), Substitute License (SUB), and Paraprofessional (ELS)**
- Register for 5 years-$50.00
- Endorsement on Teaching License-$50.00 per endorsement
- Out of State Teaching License**
**All applications and fees for license must be completed on-line at www.isbe.net
- GED Testing – Register Online to take the GED tests at www.ged.com
- Testing Costs: $120/ or $30 per test
- Issuance of Certificate – $10.00
- Original Transcript – $3.00
Employees: 1 County Employee and 9 grant funded employees.
Annual County Budget Available HERE