County Engineer: Duane Ratermann
Phone #: (309) 289-2514
Fax Number: (309) 289-4512
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30AM-4:00PM
Knox County Highway Department
1214 U.S. Highway 150 East
Knoxville, IL 61448
Freedom of Information Officer: Scott G. Erickson, County Clerk
Duties of Office:
The County Highway department provides a variety of services to the public including:
- Responsible for the construction, maintenance, and repair of the 256 miles of roads and 220 brdges in the system.
- Plowing of snow, patching of potholes, cleaning and replacing culverts.
- Mowing and cleaning of brush, sealcoating of highways, erecting and maintaining of road signs, sholder repairs, and liter pick up.
- Advises the Road Districts in the County on best methods for construction, repair, and maintenance of roads and bridges.
- Issues permits for over-weight vehicles to use county highways and new driveway and field entrance permits.
How to get information:
Information regarding the County Highway department may be obtained by phone or in person. To reach the office by phone, please call 309-289-2514. Requests by mail should be sent to 1214 U.S. Highway 150 East, Knoxville, IL 61448.
Employees: Full Time 16
Annual Budget Available HERE