County Sheriff: David Clague
Phone #: (309) 345-3733 Administrative Office
(309) 343-9151 Non Emergency
Fax Number: (309) 345-3724
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30AM-4:30PM
Knox County Law Enforcement Center
152 South Kellogg Street
Galesburg, IL 61401
Freedom of Information Officer: Scott G. Erickson, County Clerk
Duties of Office:
The County Sheriff’s office provides a variety of services to the public including:
- Work in partnership with the community to improve the quality of life by reducing the fear and occurrences of crime by enforcing the laws of the Land.
- Maintain the following divisions of operation within the Department:
- Animal Control
- Correctional Division
- Patrol Division
- Sheriff’s Auxiliary
- Provide D.A.R.E. drug abuse resistance education program.
- Provide TRIAD program for elderly citizens in the County.
- Snowmobile search and rescue program
- Maintain crime stoppers system.
- Assist with neighborhood watch programs.
- Maintain the County Jail.
- Maintain and operate the Knox County Courthouse and Knox County Law Enforcement Center.
How to get information:
Information can be obtained in person, by mail, or by telephone. The Administrative office phone number is 309-345-3733. Requests by mail should be sent to 152 S. Kellogg St., Galesburg, IL 61401. Please visit www.knoxcountysheriffil.com for more information.
Employees: Full Time
Annual Budget Available HERE