Knox County Courthouse-Third Floor
200 S. Cherry Street
Galesburg, IL 61401
Freedom of Information Officer: Scott G. Erickson, County Clerk
Welcome to the Knox County Recorders website. The Recorder’s office is vital to every property owner in Knox County. The responsibility of this office is to record all documents transferring land in order to establish legal ownership. My office is committed to providing the highest quality of Customer Service.
Among the documents maintained within the Recorder’s office are deeds, mortgages, corporation papers, liens, veteran’s discharge papers and plats. All records according to state statute. These documents comprise the largest library of permanent property records within our county. Public access to local records is provided by way of books and computers. Many property transactions result in the administration of the Illinois Real Estate Transfer Tax. These taxes are collected by the Recorder, as well as recording fees which generate revenue for state and county government.
We thank you for the opportunity to serve you. If our office can ever be of assistance, please feel free to contact me at 309-345-3818 or by email at email@example.com
Duties of Office:
The County Recorder’s office provides a variety of services to the public including:
- Maintaining recorded original documents pertaining to property transactions in Knox County.
- Accept filings of deeds, mortgages, releases and assignments, property liens, and assorted federal, state, and local liens.
- Maintain veteran’s discharge papers
- Maintain corporation papers and instruments pertaining to the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Recordation and storage of subdivision plats, and surveys, and monument records.
- Maintain accurate and timely indexing maintenance of documents reflecting the chain of title to land within Knox County.
How to get information:
Questions regarding information maintained by this office should be directed to our phone number at 309-345-3818 or fax number at 309-345-3842. Requests by mail should be sent to 200 South Cherry Street, Galesburg, IL 61401.
Employees: 3 Full Time
Annual Budget Available HERE