County Coroner: Mark Thomas
Phone #: (309) 343-0480
Fax Number: (309) 344-1913
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM
Knox County Coroner’s Office
1849 N. Seminary Street
Galesburg, IL 61401
Freedom of Information Officer: Scott G. Erickson, County Clerk
Duties of Office:
The County Coroner’s Office provides a variety of services to the public including:
- Issue cremation permits.
- Investigating of all sudden, unusual, and tramatic deaths in the county.
- Assure that bodies are examined, identified, and if necesary autopsied
- Conducting inquests to determine maner of death in cases of unnatural or questionable deaths.
- Mainatining inquest documents for the county.
How to get information:
Information regarding this office, please contact them directly at the above listed contact. Freedom of Information requests may be made in person or by mail to the above listed contact. Requests by mail should be sent to 200 S. Cherry Street, Galesburg, IL 61401.
- For cremation permit fees, please contact the office for details and instructions.
- Standard Report – $5.00 per page
- Verdict Page – $15.00
Employees: Full Time 1
Annual Budget Available HERE