County Clerk: Scott G. Erickson
Phone #: (309) 345-3815
Fax Number: (309) 345-3801
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM
Knox County Courthouse
200 South Cherry Street
Galesburg, IL 61401
Freedom of Information Officer: Scott G. Erickson, County Clerk
Duties of Office:
The County Clerk’s Office provides a variety of services to the public including:
- Administering elections in Knox County.
- Maintaining voter registration for Knox County.
- Calculating tax rates applied to property and collecting deliquent taxes.
- Maintain vital records for Knox County (Birth, Marriage, and Death records).
- Issuing of Marriage Licenses.
- Commissions for notaries.
- Maintain assumed business name filings.
- Maintain statement of economic interest filings.
- Issuing liquor licenses and raffle licenses.
- Processing accounts payable for Knox County.
- Create County Board minutes.
- Maintain County Resolutions and Ordinance records.
How to get information:
Information regarding vital records, marriage licenses, liquor or raffle licenses, registering of an assumed business name, County Board minutes, Resolution or Ordinances, or notary commissions may be obtained by phone at (309) 345-3815. Questions regarding elections and voter registration should be directed to the Elections Division at (309) 345-3858. Questions about payment of deliquent taxes or tax levy extensions should be directed to the Tax Services Division at (309) 345-3857. Freedom of Information requests may be made in person or by mail to the above listed contact. Requests by mail should be sent to 200 South Cherry Street, Galesburg, IL 61401.
- Birth and Marriage Records – $10.00 for the first copy, $2.00 for each additional copy of the same record. Geneological records are $5.00 for each search and non-certified copy of record if available.
- Death Records – $15.00 for the first copy, $6.00 for each additional copy of same record. Geneological records are $5.00 for each search and non-certified record if available.
- Marriage License – $30.00
- Freedom of Information copy fees – Black and white copies on 8-1/2 X 11 or 8-1/2 X 14 paper – First fifty (50) pages free, and additional pages at $0.15 per page. Color copies at $0.15 per page for all pages. Copies provided in electronic format on CD will be provided at the actual cost of media.
Employees: Full Time 5
Annual Budget Available HERE