County Circuit Clerk: Kelly Cheesman
Phone #: (309) 345-3859
Fax Numbers: Civil: (309) 345-0098
Traffic: (309) 345-6722
Felony: (309) 345-3896
Small Claims: (309) 345-6729
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM
Knox County Courthouse
200 South Cherry Street
Galesburg, IL 61401
Duties of Office:
The Circuit Clerk’s Office provides a variety of services to the public including:
- Keeper of the seal of the circuit court and the court records, including files and exhibits.
- Processes court cases such as criminal, ordinance, conservation, civil, and juvenile deliquency.
- Processes traffic violations.
- Summons for citizens to serve on jury duty.
- Collect fines, costs, and fees associated with judicial cases or violations.
How to get information: http://www.9thjudicial.org
Information regarding the Circuit Clerk’s office may be obtained by phone or in person. To reach the office by phone, please call 309-345-3859. Requests by mail should be sent to 200 South Cherry Street, Galesburg, IL 61401. To reach a specific divsion, please see the following list:
- Traffic Court – 309-345-3870
- General Division – 309-345-3817
- Small Claims Court – 309-345-3874
- Felony Division – 309-345-3836
- Probate – 309-345-6733
Employees: Full Time – 18
Annual Budget Available HERE